Tuesday, December 18, 2012

MODULAR22 Artist Profile - Charlie DeLeonardis Jr.
 
 
Website:

Favorite Color: 
purple

Where were you born/raised:
Raised in Brookfield IL
 
Education:
ISU & Concordia
 
Describe your work in 140 characters or less: 
Studying, thinking and observing. 
 
Current obsessions (art, design, music, movies, whatever, etcetera): 
The latest Ninja Turtle cartoon is not bad.
 
Favorite piece/project you’ve done: 
One of my favorites is titled: Corn, mixed media on cardboard, Summer 2012, 11 x 8.5 inches   
 

What is your least favorite question/comment about your work and how do you respond? 
All questions are fun!

22 likes to focus on the overlap between art and design. Do you consider yourself an artist or designer?  
...Mix-media journalist. 

Tell us about the piece(s) you created for MODULAR22:
The pieces I submitted for MODULAR22 is in response to a repetitive symbol I've drawn for about seven years. I wanted to share this repetitive symbol and this show was an avenue to do so. The symbol so far is related to mutability. The ability to grow and evolve. As the years go on, I've noticed the symbol has endured changes, which is the point of drawing it in the first place. I have a file of just about everyone I've ever drawn and seeing the changes in the symbol is fun and that's good enough for me.



Anything else you would like to share with us?
LOCAL ART ROCKS.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment