Tuesday, December 11, 2012


MODULAR22 Artist Profile - Erin McGuire


Website:
ErinMcGuireStudio.com

Favorite Color:
Green & Silver (even though I have a hierarchy of colors)

Education:
School of the Art Institute of Chicago, BFA

Describe your work in 140 characters or less:
I create abstract paintings which serve as a layer of communication I often feel is missing between the world and myself - a disconnect.

Current obsessions (art, design, music, movies, whatever, etcetera):
Tale of Two Sisters film, pickles, always obsessed with colors. Also, I'm in love with oil paint.

Favorite piece/project you’ve done:
vacillate, oil on canvas, 30" x 30", 2012



What is your least favorite question/comment about your work and how do you respond?
"Is that a bra in your painting?" I couldn't see it, so it was a moot point.

22 likes to focus on the overlap between art and design. Do you consider yourself an artist or designer?
I consider myself a painter, but more of an artist than a designer - even though I'm interested in design.

Tell us about the piece(s) you created for MODULAR22:
I made 7 pieces for the show. I ended up mixing my own blacks to alleviate the fact that I wasn't working in color, which was a challenge, but made me focus on shapes, and was fun overall.


 
 
 

Anything else you would like to share with us?
As 22's intern, I was thrilled to help with such an ambitious project, and satisfied with result. It sounds semi-cheesy, but it was really cool to see such a variety of artists and designers brought together throughout the duration of the project. Also, Dan and Jessica are awesome!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment