Wednesday, November 21, 2012

MODULAR22 Artist Profile - Emily Fundis

Website:
 
Favorite Color:
Charcoal gray or lavender
 
Where were you born/raised:
Nashville, TN

Education:
Graduated with a BFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in 2011
 
Describe your work in 140 characters or less:
I primarily illustrate animals and objects of natural history, but I like to superimpose unnatural, man-made compositions upon them.
 
Current obsessions (art, design, music, movies, whatever, etcetera):
Competitive reality TV shows, Flying Lotus, The Walking Dead, Reggie Watts, Jillian Tamaki, Sam Bosma
 
Favorite piece/project you’ve done:
Probably my Ovumboros piece.
 
 
 
22 likes to focus on the overlap between art and design. Do you consider yourself an artist or designer?
I enjoy bold, simple, and graphic compositions. I think my illustrative work blurs the line a little between the two, But I would say I'm 95% artist at heart.

Tell us about the piece you created for MODULAR22:
It's an original ink drawing I made specifically for the Modular22 show. I like exploring the dynamics in the natural world between predator and prey, territorial behaviors, mating rituals, and- in this case- the interaction between scavengers and the remnants of bodies.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment