Friday, November 2, 2012

MODULAR22 Artist Profile - Sean Walker

Website:
http://seankwalker.wix.com/paint#!home/mainPage

Favorite Color:
Green

Where were you born/raised:
Born in Algonquin, IL, Raised in Vandalia, IL

Education:
M.A. in Studio Painting, Eastern Illinois University

Describe your work in 140 characters or less:
Geometric Abstraction fueled by folded architectural forms that deny gravity.

Current obsessions (art, design, music, movies, whatever, etcetera):
I've listening to the Chicago based band Little Boy Jr. nonstop while I paint lately.

Favorite piece/project you’ve done:
U.A. No 19.



22 likes to focus on the overlap between art and design. Do you consider yourself an artist or designer?
I like to think of myself as an Artist surrounded by designers

Tell us about the piece you created for MODULAR22:
The piece I created for MODULAR22 was an experiment to create space using only black and white. The majority of my work relies on bright color and perspective to create an illusion of space, with that said, this piece was a fun chance to reduce my normal process down to warped perspective and value.


No comments:

Post a Comment