Thursday, November 29, 2012

MODULAR22 Artist Profile - Ricardo Gonzalez
 

Favorite Color:
green

Where were you born/raised:
south side/blue island

Education:
BFA American Academy of Art Chicago

Describe your work in 140 characters or less:
I like to create, draw, paint, collage, on varied surfaces. I create artwork to empower people/communities and bring a positive message to audiences. I use vibrant color, representational technique, as well as pop art/street art elements.

Current obsessions (art, design, music, movies, whatever, etcetera):
I enjoy all hand made art, I appreciate design when available, I love photography that makes me feel nostalgic, I love Bob Dylan, Cafe Tacvba, M.I.S. I really dig Walter Salles films, Almodovar, Wes Anderson, and Guillermo del Toro... bike rides and running too!

Favorite piece/project you’ve done (send pic):
i'm closely attached to the portrait of my late Grandmother

What is your least favorite question/comment about your work and how do you respond?
I'm open to questions/comments, I suppose it's only if people try to confirm meanings to pieces I don't agree with... but I welcome dialogue.

22 likes to focus on the overlap between art and design. Do you consider yourself an artist or designer?
I consider myself more of an artist, however I appreciate both labels I'm not as experienced at traditional graphic design.

Tell us about the piece(s) you created for MODULAR22:
I created two pieces know as "VACAS" (cows in spanish) and "EL BORREGO" (the sheep in spanish)
These paintings were representative of society's complacent or passive sentiment to many troubling issues today. 

 
 
 
 
Anything else you would like to share with us?
I like to keep very busy with art projects, I always welcome collaborations as long as schedule allows. I often work with communities and youth on murals and various art projects, I enjoy working with people of all levels of art experience. I also greatly value creative people I meet who keep a humble and positive attitude regardless of work credentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment