Friday, November 23, 2012

MODULAR22 Artist Profile - Kimberly Counes

Website:
and... the site for my latest show in April www.nuclear-cafe.com

Favorite Color:
Purple, but I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks it's black.
 
Where were you born/raised:
Mahopac, NY. But I lived for far too long in Washington, DC. Finally escaped to California.

Education:
Cranbrook Academy of Art

Describe your work in 140 characters or less:
I study perceptions of truth and power.

Current obsessions (art, design, music, movies, whatever, etcetera):
Godzilla.

What is your least favorite question/comment about your work and how do you respond?
Favorite Color: Purple, but I'm pretty sure everyone else thinks it's black.

22 likes to focus on the overlap between art and design. Do you consider yourself an artist or designer?
That depends on who's signing the checks.

Tell us about the piece(s) you created for MODULAR22:
The text was something I had been kicking about it my head during my recent residency in Ireland. I was grateful for the outlet (MODULAR22) to explore the theme.

 

Anything else you would like to share with us?
I love you. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment